Health Coaching is a Partnership
Health coaches fill a gap in our healthcare system. We work with people battling chronic disease, sometimes in collaboration with a health practitioner. We also work with people who want to avoid illness and optimize their health span. Many of the chronic illnesses people face are reversible and preventable with changes in behavior. Behavior change is challenging for most of us. It takes motivation, time and nurturing to make it stick.
A health coach provides an empathetic companion. Someone who sees you, holds you in high regard, and can help you identify and embrace your strengths. Coaches are trained in human behavior, processes of change, motivational interviewing and positive psychology. This expertise is deployed in a relationship where you, the client, leads the process. You are the expert in you.
What you can expect in a coaching relationship
- Someone dedicated to listening to you
- Empowerment to be an expert in your own body, mind and journey
- Appreciative inquiry to help evoke your “what and why”
- Reflections to help you focus on goals and plans
- Assistance in identifying challenges and blind spots, as well as strengths and resources
- Support and accountability as you work toward your goals
- A partner who will help you reframe your stumbles and celebrate your successes